skip to content
- How do you approach the reading for supervision essays?
- What difficulties do you encounter when reading texts in a foreign language?
- What shortcuts have you used to identify material that is interesting and/or relevant from the large amount of secondary criticism/other reading available?
- You’ve got several books on the subject out from a library: how do you decide what to read first?
- How do you go about taking notes from books?
- How much time (roughly) do you spend reading for each supervision essay?
- Do you just read work which is relevant to the essay you are planning to write, or do you read more generally?
- At what point in the process do you decide on an essay title (if you are given a choice)?
- How do you know when to stop reading?