Allow plenty of time for the final stages of formatting your dissertation, printing and binding it, and submitting it before the deadline. Make sure you have a back-up plan ready in case you have problems with your printer or there are any other hitches.
When your dissertation is ready, ensure that:
- you have included a title page with the required information on it
- you have included a list of contents if your dissertation has chapters and/or appendices
- the whole document is double spaced
- the left-hand margin is at least 2.5 cm
- page numbers have been inserted
- two copies of the dissertation are printed on single sides of A4 paper
- the pages are bound securely, e.g. in a presentation folder or with comb binding
Congratulations – you have completed what will almost certainly be your most significant piece of academic work to date. Banish all nagging thoughts about what you might have improved if only you’d had a few more days, and take some well-earned time to relax!