Development opportunities within the Tripos system
As your course progresses you will be encouraged to develop proficiency in a range of strategies, techniques and tools.
Projects and dissertations develop skills in a range of research techniques:
- use of primary sources (especially for literature or history projects);
- data management and analysis;
- critical analysis and thesis construction.
Some subjects provide comprehensive training in specialist research methods, for example:
- data acquisition techniques;
- practicals and experiments;
- statistical methods.
Extra-curricular development opportunities
These include participating in:
- student newspapers;
- student politics.